TI-Kenya is implementing a Voter Education project in Uasin Gishu and Machakos counties, and at the national level through media advocacy ahead of the August 2017 General Elections. This project will build upon the successes and lessons learnt from a previous voter education and social vetting project conducted in 2013 by the TI-Kenya. TI-Kenya will facilitate Social Vetting exercises dubbed #KaguaKiongozi (Vet your leader) to influence the election of individuals of integrity.
The aim of the Kagua Kiongozi (Vet your leader) video competition is to;
- Enhance citizens’ capacity to influence integrity and accountability as constitutional benchmarks for electing leaders
- Increase awareness on the electoral process, policy and laws and the electoral candidates by the citizenry.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Entry into the Kagua Kiongozi (Vet your leader) 2017 Video Competition is subject to the acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- This contest is open to University and college students. Every participant will have one entry per topic.
- Contest participants must create a video which will address all the following:
- Ethical Leadership
- Elections Offences
- Voter Rights and duties
- Women and Youth participation in elections or any other elections related themes
- The suggested length of the video is between thirty seconds and two minutes.
- Videos should be produced in English or Swahili
- The eligibility criteria for the entries are:
- · relevance of the video with regards to the topics
- · length of the video
- · quality of the video
- Please submit your video as soon as possible. The final deadline for submitting the video is June 1st2017
- A jury will decide the winners, based on how well the entries meet the criteria.
- 10 winning videos will be selected and winners will be awarded cash prizes or prizes worth Ksh. 50,000 each
- Winners will receive an e-mail notification from TI-Kenya.
- Due to the size of the video, upload on google drive or use We Transfer to email@example.com
- 9 hours ago
- 2 days ago
RT @Anon1KENYA: The cultural evolution of #corruptionKE started b4 independence. Every new govt/regime has ensured its cultivated & kept al…2 days ago