About Transparency International Kenya
Transparency International Kenya: Organisational Background
Founded in 1999 in Kenya, TI-Kenya is a not-for-profit organisation with the aim of developing a transparent and corruption-free society through good governance and social justice initiatives. TI-Kenya is one of the autonomous chapters of the global Transparency International movement that is bound by a common vision of a corruption-free world. The global movement provides a platform for sharing knowledge and experience, as well as developing strategies to respond to regionally distinct patterns of corruption.
TI-Kenya works towards a transparent and corruption-free society. The organization has over 20 years’ experience in governance work at the national and county levels. TI-Kenya pursues advocacy, partnerships development, strategic litigation, research, capacity building, and civic engagement as its core approaches. TI-Kenya contributes to development of effective legal, policy, and legislative frameworks as well as the promotion of national values that support transparency and accountability.
TI-Kenya has its main office in Nairobi and regional presence in the Coast, Rift Valley, the larger Western Kenya and Eastern Kenya through its four Advocacy and Legal Advice Centres (ALACs) in Mombasa, Eldoret, Kisumu and Nairobi.
Who We Are: Organisational Identity
TI-Kenya has a well-defined organizational identity as elaborated below:
A corruption-free society
To champion the fight against corruption by promoting integrity, transparency and accountability in both public and private spheres.
TI-Kenya is guided by the following ideals:
1. Justice: We believe everyone deserves fair access to opportunities, resources and rights. TI-Kenya thus supports actions that deepen equity, inclusion and respect for all forms of diversity and independence of institutions.
2. Unity: We are committed to organisational teamwork, and strategically cooperate with all relevant external actors across sectors and levels to achieve our mission.
3. Integrity: We consistently hold ourselves to the highest level of moral and ethical uprightness and truthfulness. We are equally committed to fostering a national culture of integrity and accountability.
4. Courage: We boldly stand for what is right and just for society and openly speak truth to power.
5. Excellence: We strive for the highest standards of ethical and professional rigor, and for continual improvement of self and service.
TI-Kenya pursues advocacy, partnerships development, strategic litigation, research, capacity building, and civic engagement as its core approaches.